Are you running Windows Phone OS on Lumia phone of Microsoft or are you simply using the computer running Windows? If you are, then it’s really really necessary for you to have a Micorsoft account. Having a Microsoft account allows you to access Microsoft’s online applications, as well as synchronize data with devices such as phones or computer running Windows Phone. Also, after registering your Microsoft account, you can also use a free email account from Microsoft such as Hotmail or Outlook.
Today, we are going to show you how to create a Microsoft account in detail so that you can sign up for a Microsoft account in the fastest way. This is so simple, follow these steps and you’ll have your own Microsoft account.
WHY SHOULD WE CREATE A MIROSOFT ACCOUNT?
As you know, up to now, Microsoft has a lot of great apps that you’ll need. Therefore, to use Microsoft’s apps you will need to have one account to log in to all applications and services of Microsoft.
- You can use free email services such as Hotmail, Outlook email.
- Log in to Microsoft applications such as Office Online, Skype, OneDrive, etc.
- Sign in to sync information, apps on Windows 8, Windows 10 and newer operating systems.
- Sign in to sync Windows Phone, download apps on Windows Phone Store to your phone or tablet running Windows Phone.
HOW TO CREATE A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?
To sign up for a Microsoft account, please follow these 2 steps:
Step 1: Access to the link https://signup.live.com/
Step 2: You’ll see information form and all you need to do is to fill in all necessary information as below:
Introduction on how to fill in the information:
- Full Name: Enter your last name and your first name. (you can also use a nickname)
- Username: If you want to use an available email to sign up for a Microsoft account, you click “Use your email instead” to enter the email you’re using, Gmail for example.
- If you want to create a completely new account, Microsoft will provide you 3 email domains which are @outlook.com, @outlook.com and @hotmail.com. Click the box next to “@” to choose a domain yourself. After having done, the username valid will be like “firstname.lastname@example.org available”
- Password: The password must contain at least 8 characters and must meet at least two of the following conditions: including uppercase, lowercase, numbers and characters.
- Country: Enter your country
- Birthday: Enter your date of birth.
- Sex: Enter your gender
- Country code: Vietnam (+84) for example.
- Phone: Should enter your phone number if it’s available. It will make your Microsoft account more secure.
- Alternate e-mail address: If you create a new Microsoft account, there would be this item. However, if you use available email address, you wouldn’t see this one. Fill out this email will help you recover your password in case you forget or lose the password.
- Enter the characters you see: Type the characters you see in the picture above. If you do not see clearly, click New or Sound to hear confirmation code.
After having completed the form, you click the Create Account button to finish.
After pressing the Create Account, wait a minute for Microsoft to confirm, then it will switch to the account page. Here, you can manage the services you are using, go to email management page or change your password, avatar, etc.
You’ve just successfully registered for a Microsoft account. Now you can log into your Microsoft account by accessing to this link https://login.live.com/ or http://mail.live.com/ to go to email management page.
We hope that with this article, you are now able to create a Microsoft account for yourself to manage your devices better.